When we said healthy it means an over-all wellness of the body, including oral which is our teeth. Every family should have a regular dentist like Dublin OH family dentist that will take care of the family’s oral health.
Oral hygiene is very important since bacteria can live in your mouth in the form of plaque, causing cavities and gingivitis, which can lead to periodontal (gum) disease. In order to keep your mouth clean, you must practice good oral hygiene every day.
But this is not enough as we also have to have our teeth and gums checked regularly by dentist. With thorough dental clean once every six months to ensure that no cavities exist in our teeth. Having poor oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems in the future such as gum disease, heart disease, infection, strokes, bone loss and more. Regular check ups and cleanings can prevent these problems as well as provide you with good oral hygiene.
Here some of the dental hygiene tips to follow for healthy teeth and gums:
- Brush at least twice a day or after every meal to avoid bacteria buildup from food left in your mouth or rinse mouth thoroughly if brushing is not possible.
- Flossing to remove food particles left between teeth
- Avoid smoking – as it can stain teeth with tartar from cigarettes and tobacco and also very detrimental to your health specially your lungs
- Avoid or lessen intakes of sodas, coffee and alcohol
- Eat fruits and drinks rich in calcium and vit. D as these are very essential in maintaining healthy teeth and gums, like milk, fortified orange juice, yogurt, broccoli, cheese, and other dairy products.
- Visit dentist twice a year as regular check-up
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue when you brush your teeth as it is as important as brushing your teeth because countless of bacteria harbor beneath those spaces in your tongue.
- Use mouthwash in addition to your tooth brushing activity.
Remember, a beautiful smile starts with a clean and healthy set of teeth.